Registration for the FALL/WINTER session is now open.
We are getting a new playground for Zapata Park! Go to our KaBoom! information page and see the voting results. (click)
Three key dates needing community volunteers:
- Prep Day 1: Thursday, September 10, 8:00am-4:00pm (approximate). Prep Day 1 features site prep and organizing. Volunteers needed from 8:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm. The majority of volunteers should be over 18 years old. Need: 40 volunteers.
- Prep Day 2: Friday, September 11, 8:00am - 4:00pm (tentative)
Prep Day 2 is tentative. These volunteers are on standby if they are needed by end of Prep Day 1. Tentative volunteer hours are 8:00am-4:00pm. Need: 15 volunteers.
- Build Day: Saturday, September 12, 8:00am - 3:00pm (Build Day Flyer)
We build Rain or Shine! Volunteers under the age of 18 need a KaBOOM! waiver signed by parent/guardian. Need: 200+ volunteers
719.587.3499 ext. 19
Online Volunteer Registration (CLICK)
Sports and Recreational Equipment Swap (September 1) (flyer)
Valley High Fall Classic Disc Golf Tournament (September 26) (flyer)
Valley Events Calendar (8-24-15) (click)
Adult FALL Leagues
- 1st Annual Riggs Memorial Softball Tournament
Youth FALL Leagues
Youth FALL Programs
- Basketball (8-4-15)
- Flag Football (8-18-15)
- Soccer (8-13-15)
- August 19 - Soccer Skills Assessment (for U10, U12, and U14 only) at 5:30PM, Lee Soccer Field (next to Recreation Center). Attendance is highly encouraged, but not mandatory. The assessment will help us evaluate skill level and draft more balanced teams, so please try to make it if you can. Kids should bring some water and be prepared to run through a few drills wearing proper footwear/attire. Shinguards are not required.
- August 24 - Coaches’ Meeting and Team Draft- coaches will contact their teams by the end of this week regarding practices.
- September 17 - First Games- start of games pushed back one week to accommodate KaBoom! playground build on September 12 (all are invited to help/attend). Plan is still to finish games by Oct 17.
GOOD TO KNOW INFO
For most of the activities we offer, you can conveniently register online. We've drafted a list of Frequently Asked Questions
(FAQs) to help you make the process as simple as possible.
Before you start, please read the FAQs located at the following link:
Online Registration FAQs