COVID 19-related Updates:
Alamosa Family Recreation Center – Limited Opening
Beginning Wednesday, July 15, 2020, the office at the Alamosa Family Recreation Center will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00PM to visitors conducting official Parks and Recreation business, which may include program registrations, paying park fees, etc. The facility will not be open to visitors for exercising or recreating. Restrooms, water fountains, and the facility beyond the front desk will all remain closed until further notice.
Visitors are required to properly wear a face mask and sanitize their hands upon entry of the Recreation Center. You may also conduct your business online, at www.alamosarec.org, or by phone, at (719) 589-2105.
The Multi-Use Pavilion/Ice Rink will remain closed until further notice.
City Playgrounds are reopening on Monday, June 29, 2020; use at your own risk.
Playgrounds will be disinfected every other business day. If playground equipment is wet and/or has a strong disinfectant smell, please wait until the equipment is dry before use. Please use playgrounds responsibly; remind children to socially distance as best they can and to use hand sanitizer or wash your children's hands before and after use. Playgrounds are limited to 25 users at a time.
Parks, trails, and open spaces are open. Please follow the State’s Safer at Home guidelines for Personal Recreation; specifically:
- Stay at home if sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face. Bring hand sanitizer to clean hands when soap/water is not available.
- Wear a face covering or mask when you leave your home and while recreating.
- Continue to physically distance, staying at least 6 feet from members of other households.
- Limit non-household group sizes to 10 unless otherwise allowed as per the State’s Safer at Home guidelines for Personal Recreation.
Cattails Golf Course is open, with restrictions. Visit www.alamosacattails.com for more information.
For the most up to date information on the City of Alamosa's COVID-19 restrictions and preparedness plan, click here!